Dec 4, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
An X-Man sequel?
The Pirates have made initial inquiries on free-agent outfielder
Xavier Nady, as well as reliever Ron Villone and shortstop Bobby
Crosby, though none of those inquiries is known to have moved past that
stage. In the cases of Nady and Villone, management likely will wait
until closer to spring training in search of the best value.
I love it: three useful guys — Ankiel, Blalock and Nady — fighting for two positions with the Pittsburgh Pirates of all teams, none of whom are likely to get more than a one-year make-good deal. As if you needed any more confirmation of yesterday’s thing about the middle class being squeezed.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims