Dec 4, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal (or is it Tracy Ringolsnby? Is he crashing Robo’s space?) is reporting that Colorado is showing interest in second baseman Orlando Hudson. The idea would be to move Clint Barmes into a super utility role, for which he is better suited (hmmm, where did I hear that before?). This runs counter to that rumor a couple of weeks ago that Colorado was going to try and buy out Barmes arbitration years. You don’t do that for super utes.
Barmes has a great glove, but he can’t get on base to save his life (.294 OBP this year; .299 career). The doesn’t cut it. Not sure that going with Hudson over Eric Young, Jr. is the value move, but it ain’t my money. If it’s a one year + option deal that might make a lot of sense, seeing as Young might need a bit more time.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)