Dec 4, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal (or is it Tracy Ringolsnby? Is he crashing Robo’s space?) is reporting that Colorado is showing interest in second baseman Orlando Hudson. The idea would be to move Clint Barmes into a super utility role, for which he is better suited (hmmm, where did I hear that before?). This runs counter to that rumor a couple of weeks ago that Colorado was going to try and buy out Barmes arbitration years. You don’t do that for super utes.
Barmes has a great glove, but he can’t get on base to save his life (.294 OBP this year; .299 career). The doesn’t cut it. Not sure that going with Hudson over Eric Young, Jr. is the value move, but it ain’t my money. If it’s a one year + option deal that might make a lot of sense, seeing as Young might need a bit more time.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)