Dec 4, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Rosenthal (or is it Tracy Ringolsnby? Is he crashing Robo’s space?) is reporting that Colorado is showing interest in second baseman Orlando Hudson. The idea would be to move Clint Barmes into a super utility role, for which he is better suited (hmmm, where did I hear that before?). This runs counter to that rumor a couple of weeks ago that Colorado was going to try and buy out Barmes arbitration years. You don’t do that for super utes.
Barmes has a great glove, but he can’t get on base to save his life (.294 OBP this year; .299 career). The doesn’t cut it. Not sure that going with Hudson over Eric Young, Jr. is the value move, but it ain’t my money. If it’s a one year + option deal that might make a lot of sense, seeing as Young might need a bit more time.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (97)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)