Dec 5, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
While John Henry tries to fool Sox fans into thinking that payroll drives ticket prices, the Cubs’ know that it’s merely a function of supply and demand:
Cubs’ season ticket holders will pay more for prime seats at Wrigley Field in 2010, while bleacher and most upper deck seats will remain about the same.
Despite a difficult economy and coming off a disappointing season, new Chairman Tom Ricketts thinks the demand will be strong again, justifying significant increases for the most expensive tickets.
You’ll have to forgive Ricketts. He’s still new and has all of that legitimate business world experience in his head. Given time and the proper indoctrination he’ll be spewing the owners’ voodoo economics soon enough.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)