Dec 5, 2009, 8:25 AM EST
Why did [the Brewers] sign Gregg Zaun? Source said Jason Kendall was seeking $5 million to come back for another year.
Some may scoff, but I think it’s rather refreshing to know that Jason Kendall has such high self esteem. I mean, he sucks, and he just won’t admit it to himself. Good for him! With that kind of positive attitude he’ll no doubt go far in sales or consulting or whatever it is he’s doing next summer that isn’t playing baseball for $5 million.
In any event, yeah. I’ll take Gregg Zaun for less than half of that, please.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)