Dec 5, 2009, 8:25 AM EST
Why did [the Brewers] sign Gregg Zaun? Source said Jason Kendall was seeking $5 million to come back for another year.
Some may scoff, but I think it’s rather refreshing to know that Jason Kendall has such high self esteem. I mean, he sucks, and he just won’t admit it to himself. Good for him! With that kind of positive attitude he’ll no doubt go far in sales or consulting or whatever it is he’s doing next summer that isn’t playing baseball for $5 million.
In any event, yeah. I’ll take Gregg Zaun for less than half of that, please.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 322
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (328)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)