Dec 5, 2009, 8:25 AM EDT
Why did [the Brewers] sign Gregg Zaun? Source said Jason Kendall was seeking $5 million to come back for another year.
Some may scoff, but I think it’s rather refreshing to know that Jason Kendall has such high self esteem. I mean, he sucks, and he just won’t admit it to himself. Good for him! With that kind of positive attitude he’ll no doubt go far in sales or consulting or whatever it is he’s doing next summer that isn’t playing baseball for $5 million.
In any event, yeah. I’ll take Gregg Zaun for less than half of that, please.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)