Dec 5, 2009, 8:25 AM EDT
Why did [the Brewers] sign Gregg Zaun? Source said Jason Kendall was seeking $5 million to come back for another year.
Some may scoff, but I think it’s rather refreshing to know that Jason Kendall has such high self esteem. I mean, he sucks, and he just won’t admit it to himself. Good for him! With that kind of positive attitude he’ll no doubt go far in sales or consulting or whatever it is he’s doing next summer that isn’t playing baseball for $5 million.
In any event, yeah. I’ll take Gregg Zaun for less than half of that, please.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 12
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 54
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)