Dec 6, 2009, 9:11 AM EDT
Another scoop from Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus:
Cubs signing of Mike Cameron is waiting on deal of Milton Bradley, which has been “imminent” for about 72 hours.
This echoes what Gordon Wittenmeyer of the Sun-Times wrote yesterday. In turn, this morning, Jon Heyman of SI.com “tweeted” that the Rays and Cubs were “not close” on the long-rumored Milton Bradley-for-Pat Burrell trade. Apparently the three-way option of Luis Castillo from the Mets is “not helping things.”
We’ve seen the Mets and Cubs linked
together throughout this process as they look for a third partner. It’s
pretty hard to see Burrell as a great return for New York considering
he’s a pretty bad left fielder, hasn’t played first base since 2000,
and only hits home runs against the Mets.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)