Dec 7, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that “It wouldn’t be surprising if Beltre falls in the Red Sox’s lap if he doesn’t accept arbit from the Mariners.”
That would be surprising. Most probably to Mike Lowell.
I see the appeal of Beltre — he’s got great leather — but his poor on base skills, his lack of power, and his reported asking price make me highly dubious that he’d end up in Boston.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)