Dec 7, 2009, 9:30 AM EST
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that “It wouldn’t be surprising if Beltre falls in the Red Sox’s lap if he doesn’t accept arbit from the Mariners.”
That would be surprising. Most probably to Mike Lowell.
I see the appeal of Beltre — he’s got great leather — but his poor on base skills, his lack of power, and his reported asking price make me highly dubious that he’d end up in Boston.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)