Dec 7, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that “It wouldn’t be surprising if Beltre falls in the Red Sox’s lap if he doesn’t accept arbit from the Mariners.”
That would be surprising. Most probably to Mike Lowell.
I see the appeal of Beltre — he’s got great leather — but his poor on base skills, his lack of power, and his reported asking price make me highly dubious that he’d end up in Boston.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29