Dec 7, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that “It wouldn’t be surprising if Beltre falls in the Red Sox’s lap if he doesn’t accept arbit from the Mariners.”
That would be surprising. Most probably to Mike Lowell.
I see the appeal of Beltre — he’s got great leather — but his poor on base skills, his lack of power, and his reported asking price make me highly dubious that he’d end up in Boston.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)