Dec 7, 2009, 9:30 AM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweets that “It wouldn’t be surprising if Beltre falls in the Red Sox’s lap if he doesn’t accept arbit from the Mariners.”
That would be surprising. Most probably to Mike Lowell.
I see the appeal of Beltre — he’s got great leather — but his poor on base skills, his lack of power, and his reported asking price make me highly dubious that he’d end up in Boston.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72