Dec 7, 2009, 12:33 PM EST
The blur that is Ken Rosenthal — really, you should see him motor around this place — is reporting that Carl Pavano is likely to accept arbitration from the Twins.
Pavano’s agent is reportedly working the Twins hard for a multi-year deal, and this would be a precursor to that. Not that the Twins would necessarily have any interest in such a thing.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)