Dec 7, 2009, 11:33 AM EST
I put that in the form of a question because while one paper is reporting that it has happened — a three way swap that had him first going to the Cubs and then to the Mets — no one else is reporting it yet. And no one here at the Meetings is talking about it.
If it’s true, WTF are the Mets thinking?
UPDATE: A few people are now saying this is bogus, but PhillyBurbs.com still has it up. Gotta love the looney season.
UPDATE II: Now the Mets are saying it’s totally bogus.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)