Dec 7, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
I put that in the form of a question because while one paper is reporting that it has happened — a three way swap that had him first going to the Cubs and then to the Mets — no one else is reporting it yet. And no one here at the Meetings is talking about it.
If it’s true, WTF are the Mets thinking?
UPDATE: A few people are now saying this is bogus, but PhillyBurbs.com still has it up. Gotta love the looney season.
UPDATE II: Now the Mets are saying it’s totally bogus.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)