Dec 7, 2009, 11:33 AM EST
I put that in the form of a question because while one paper is reporting that it has happened — a three way swap that had him first going to the Cubs and then to the Mets — no one else is reporting it yet. And no one here at the Meetings is talking about it.
If it’s true, WTF are the Mets thinking?
UPDATE: A few people are now saying this is bogus, but PhillyBurbs.com still has it up. Gotta love the looney season.
UPDATE II: Now the Mets are saying it’s totally bogus.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)