Dec 7, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
I put that in the form of a question because while one paper is reporting that it has happened — a three way swap that had him first going to the Cubs and then to the Mets — no one else is reporting it yet. And no one here at the Meetings is talking about it.
If it’s true, WTF are the Mets thinking?
UPDATE: A few people are now saying this is bogus, but PhillyBurbs.com still has it up. Gotta love the looney season.
UPDATE II: Now the Mets are saying it’s totally bogus.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)