Dec 7, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
Geoff Baker wins the tweet-of-the-night award for this one:
I’m hearing that
Bay has been telling his former Pirates teammates he’d stand on his
head and sing on E. Martinez Way to play for M’s.
Before this past weekend such murmurings sounded like a lifestyle move for the Pacific Northwest-residing Bay. But now that the Mariners have Figgins and look to be even more aggressive in the free agent market, going to Seattle may the best move for a guy looking to be on a winner too.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)