Dec 7, 2009, 12:13 PM EDT
Fun Winter Meetings stuff: every Major League manager with the exception of Charlie Manuel and Joe Torre are being made available to the media at set times over the next three days. Today we’ve got Bobby Cox and Jim Riggleman at 2PM, Piniella and Dave Trembley at 2:30, Ozzie Guillen and Terry Francona at 3:00, Ron Washington and Dusty Baker at 3:30 and Don Wakamatsu all by himself at 4PM. Apparently he gets his own deal because the world financial markets hang on Wakamatsu’s every word or something.
I’m going to hang around and may even ask some questions. If any of you have anything you’re just dying to learn from these guys, put it in the comments. Assuming it’s not the sort of thing that’s going to get me punched out, I’ll ask it.
As for reporting it: I’m not going to parrot back all of that “we just take it one game at a time” and “we’re really excited about next year” baloney. If someone says anything interesting, however, I’ll pass it along.
The early money is on Ozzie Guillen.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)