Dec 7, 2009, 12:13 PM EDT
Fun Winter Meetings stuff: every Major League manager with the exception of Charlie Manuel and Joe Torre are being made available to the media at set times over the next three days. Today we’ve got Bobby Cox and Jim Riggleman at 2PM, Piniella and Dave Trembley at 2:30, Ozzie Guillen and Terry Francona at 3:00, Ron Washington and Dusty Baker at 3:30 and Don Wakamatsu all by himself at 4PM. Apparently he gets his own deal because the world financial markets hang on Wakamatsu’s every word or something.
I’m going to hang around and may even ask some questions. If any of you have anything you’re just dying to learn from these guys, put it in the comments. Assuming it’s not the sort of thing that’s going to get me punched out, I’ll ask it.
As for reporting it: I’m not going to parrot back all of that “we just take it one game at a time” and “we’re really excited about next year” baloney. If someone says anything interesting, however, I’ll pass it along.
The early money is on Ozzie Guillen.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)