Dec 7, 2009, 1:15 PM EDT
The Newark Star-Ledger’s Marc Carig is tweeting that Mark DeRosa’s agent is talking to the Yankees and they plan to talk more throughout the week.
Question: where on Earth does Mark DeRosa fit on the Yankees? Everyday leftfielder is all I can think. I mean, he doesn’t want to go back to being a super-ute, does he? And even if he does, what team is more solid at third, short and second than the Yankees?
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 0
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 28
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)