Dec 7, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte is done dithering and will pitch in 2010. Joel Sherman of the New York Post is reporting, however, that he has rejected the Yankees’ first offer, which was one year and $10 million. That seems like a raise for Pettitte, but that’s about what he made last year with incentives and everything.
If what everyone says is true, Pettitte only wants to pitch for the Yankees, so assuming this gets done, it will probably get done for only slightly more than that.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)