Dec 7, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte is done dithering and will pitch in 2010. Joel Sherman of the New York Post is reporting, however, that he has rejected the Yankees’ first offer, which was one year and $10 million. That seems like a raise for Pettitte, but that’s about what he made last year with incentives and everything.
If what everyone says is true, Pettitte only wants to pitch for the Yankees, so assuming this gets done, it will probably get done for only slightly more than that.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)