Dec 7, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte is done dithering and will pitch in 2010. Joel Sherman of the New York Post is reporting, however, that he has rejected the Yankees’ first offer, which was one year and $10 million. That seems like a raise for Pettitte, but that’s about what he made last year with incentives and everything.
If what everyone says is true, Pettitte only wants to pitch for the Yankees, so assuming this gets done, it will probably get done for only slightly more than that.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)