Dec 7, 2009, 8:00 AM EST
Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte is done dithering and will pitch in 2010. Joel Sherman of the New York Post is reporting, however, that he has rejected the Yankees’ first offer, which was one year and $10 million. That seems like a raise for Pettitte, but that’s about what he made last year with incentives and everything.
If what everyone says is true, Pettitte only wants to pitch for the Yankees, so assuming this gets done, it will probably get done for only slightly more than that.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)