Dec 7, 2009, 2:09 PM EST
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News tweets that the Rangers have picked up left-handed reliever Clay Rapada from the Tigers for cash or a player to be named.
Rapada was barely clinging to a spot on Detroit’s 40-man roster, so the Tigers didn’t require much in return here. Rapada, a 28-year-old specialist, had allowed 13 runs in 24 2/3 innings over the last seasons. The Tigers had little use for him, preferring both Bobby Seay and Fu-Te Ni as short relievers.
The Rangers, on the other hand, are short of lefties with Eddie Guardado departing. They’re also considering trying C.J. Wilson as a starter, so they’ll be on the hunt for one or two more southpaws to compete for bullpen spots next spring.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)