Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 AM EDT
I had heard that the new Rangers owner was going to be announced last week, but apparently Tom Hicks’ little falling out with Dennis Gilbert complicated things. Now Tracy Ringolsby is reporting that Hicks will announce who will take over the club he and his copious amounts of debt have damn nigh ruined by December 15th.
Gilbert is reportedly still in the running, because even if he and Hicks are fighting, his money is green too. Also in the running is Pittsburgh lawyer Chuck Greenberg, who has Nolan Ryan in his proposed ownership group.
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 8
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 3
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)