Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 AM EDT
I had heard that the new Rangers owner was going to be announced last week, but apparently Tom Hicks’ little falling out with Dennis Gilbert complicated things. Now Tracy Ringolsby is reporting that Hicks will announce who will take over the club he and his copious amounts of debt have damn nigh ruined by December 15th.
Gilbert is reportedly still in the running, because even if he and Hicks are fighting, his money is green too. Also in the running is Pittsburgh lawyer Chuck Greenberg, who has Nolan Ryan in his proposed ownership group.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)