Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 AM EDT
I had heard that the new Rangers owner was going to be announced last week, but apparently Tom Hicks’ little falling out with Dennis Gilbert complicated things. Now Tracy Ringolsby is reporting that Hicks will announce who will take over the club he and his copious amounts of debt have damn nigh ruined by December 15th.
Gilbert is reportedly still in the running, because even if he and Hicks are fighting, his money is green too. Also in the running is Pittsburgh lawyer Chuck Greenberg, who has Nolan Ryan in his proposed ownership group.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 38
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)