Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 AM EST
I had heard that the new Rangers owner was going to be announced last week, but apparently Tom Hicks’ little falling out with Dennis Gilbert complicated things. Now Tracy Ringolsby is reporting that Hicks will announce who will take over the club he and his copious amounts of debt have damn nigh ruined by December 15th.
Gilbert is reportedly still in the running, because even if he and Hicks are fighting, his money is green too. Also in the running is Pittsburgh lawyer Chuck Greenberg, who has Nolan Ryan in his proposed ownership group.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)