Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 AM EDT
I had heard that the new Rangers owner was going to be announced last week, but apparently Tom Hicks’ little falling out with Dennis Gilbert complicated things. Now Tracy Ringolsby is reporting that Hicks will announce who will take over the club he and his copious amounts of debt have damn nigh ruined by December 15th.
Gilbert is reportedly still in the running, because even if he and Hicks are fighting, his money is green too. Also in the running is Pittsburgh lawyer Chuck Greenberg, who has Nolan Ryan in his proposed ownership group.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (157)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)