Dec 7, 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi still believes the Tigers are on the verge of trading Edwin Jackson, with the Diamondbacks now serving as a chief contender for his services.
Morosi also doesn’t rule out the Mariners as a possibility, though they rejected Detroit’s proposal last week. He says the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets are not involved in talks at the moment. The Angels might be, though they’re believed to be more interested in Curtis Granderson.
The Diamondbacks could certainly use someone of Jackson’s caliber for their rotation, and his addition would allow them to hold back some cash to upgrade at first base and in the bullpen. Still, they don’t have a lot to give up with their minor league system still hurting for talent. It’s hard to imagine Max Scherzer being on the table. Gerardo Parra might be. The Diamondbacks are looking at Parra as a fourth outfielder next year, so even though his future remains pretty promising, he might be expendable.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 51
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)