Dec 7, 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi still believes the Tigers are on the verge of trading Edwin Jackson, with the Diamondbacks now serving as a chief contender for his services.
Morosi also doesn’t rule out the Mariners as a possibility, though they rejected Detroit’s proposal last week. He says the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets are not involved in talks at the moment. The Angels might be, though they’re believed to be more interested in Curtis Granderson.
The Diamondbacks could certainly use someone of Jackson’s caliber for their rotation, and his addition would allow them to hold back some cash to upgrade at first base and in the bullpen. Still, they don’t have a lot to give up with their minor league system still hurting for talent. It’s hard to imagine Max Scherzer being on the table. Gerardo Parra might be. The Diamondbacks are looking at Parra as a fourth outfielder next year, so even though his future remains pretty promising, he might be expendable.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (101)