Dec 7, 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi still believes the Tigers are on the verge of trading Edwin Jackson, with the Diamondbacks now serving as a chief contender for his services.
Morosi also doesn’t rule out the Mariners as a possibility, though they rejected Detroit’s proposal last week. He says the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets are not involved in talks at the moment. The Angels might be, though they’re believed to be more interested in Curtis Granderson.
The Diamondbacks could certainly use someone of Jackson’s caliber for their rotation, and his addition would allow them to hold back some cash to upgrade at first base and in the bullpen. Still, they don’t have a lot to give up with their minor league system still hurting for talent. It’s hard to imagine Max Scherzer being on the table. Gerardo Parra might be. The Diamondbacks are looking at Parra as a fourth outfielder next year, so even though his future remains pretty promising, he might be expendable.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 14
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger