Dec 7, 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi still believes the Tigers are on the verge of trading Edwin Jackson, with the Diamondbacks now serving as a chief contender for his services.
Morosi also doesn’t rule out the Mariners as a possibility, though they rejected Detroit’s proposal last week. He says the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets are not involved in talks at the moment. The Angels might be, though they’re believed to be more interested in Curtis Granderson.
The Diamondbacks could certainly use someone of Jackson’s caliber for their rotation, and his addition would allow them to hold back some cash to upgrade at first base and in the bullpen. Still, they don’t have a lot to give up with their minor league system still hurting for talent. It’s hard to imagine Max Scherzer being on the table. Gerardo Parra might be. The Diamondbacks are looking at Parra as a fourth outfielder next year, so even though his future remains pretty promising, he might be expendable.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)