Dec 7, 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi still believes the Tigers are on the verge of trading Edwin Jackson, with the Diamondbacks now serving as a chief contender for his services.
Morosi also doesn’t rule out the Mariners as a possibility, though they rejected Detroit’s proposal last week. He says the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets are not involved in talks at the moment. The Angels might be, though they’re believed to be more interested in Curtis Granderson.
The Diamondbacks could certainly use someone of Jackson’s caliber for their rotation, and his addition would allow them to hold back some cash to upgrade at first base and in the bullpen. Still, they don’t have a lot to give up with their minor league system still hurting for talent. It’s hard to imagine Max Scherzer being on the table. Gerardo Parra might be. The Diamondbacks are looking at Parra as a fourth outfielder next year, so even though his future remains pretty promising, he might be expendable.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)