Dec 7, 2009, 5:27 PM EDT
The latest from FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi has the Rays asking about Roy Halladay and potentially offering both B.J. Upton and Wade Davis for his services.
It sounds crazy and likely is. The Rays are thought to have little money to play with this winter, and while they might be willing to stretch their budget for Halladay, it hardly makes sense to go for broke when they’re still well set up for 2011 and beyond and playing in a division with two teams likely to finish with 95+ victories.
For what it’s worth, Morosi believes the Jays would move Upton on to a third team in such a scenario, even though they have an obvious need in the outfield and could certainly use his upside. File this one in the “extreme long shot” category.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)