Dec 7, 2009, 5:27 PM EST
The latest from FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi has the Rays asking about Roy Halladay and potentially offering both B.J. Upton and Wade Davis for his services.
It sounds crazy and likely is. The Rays are thought to have little money to play with this winter, and while they might be willing to stretch their budget for Halladay, it hardly makes sense to go for broke when they’re still well set up for 2011 and beyond and playing in a division with two teams likely to finish with 95+ victories.
For what it’s worth, Morosi believes the Jays would move Upton on to a third team in such a scenario, even though they have an obvious need in the outfield and could certainly use his upside. File this one in the “extreme long shot” category.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)