Dec 7, 2009, 5:27 PM EST
The latest from FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi has the Rays asking about Roy Halladay and potentially offering both B.J. Upton and Wade Davis for his services.
It sounds crazy and likely is. The Rays are thought to have little money to play with this winter, and while they might be willing to stretch their budget for Halladay, it hardly makes sense to go for broke when they’re still well set up for 2011 and beyond and playing in a division with two teams likely to finish with 95+ victories.
For what it’s worth, Morosi believes the Jays would move Upton on to a third team in such a scenario, even though they have an obvious need in the outfield and could certainly use his upside. File this one in the “extreme long shot” category.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)