Dec 7, 2009, 5:27 PM EDT
The latest from FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi has the Rays asking about Roy Halladay and potentially offering both B.J. Upton and Wade Davis for his services.
It sounds crazy and likely is. The Rays are thought to have little money to play with this winter, and while they might be willing to stretch their budget for Halladay, it hardly makes sense to go for broke when they’re still well set up for 2011 and beyond and playing in a division with two teams likely to finish with 95+ victories.
For what it’s worth, Morosi believes the Jays would move Upton on to a third team in such a scenario, even though they have an obvious need in the outfield and could certainly use his upside. File this one in the “extreme long shot” category.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million