Dec 7, 2009, 5:27 PM EDT
The latest from FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi has the Rays asking about Roy Halladay and potentially offering both B.J. Upton and Wade Davis for his services.
It sounds crazy and likely is. The Rays are thought to have little money to play with this winter, and while they might be willing to stretch their budget for Halladay, it hardly makes sense to go for broke when they’re still well set up for 2011 and beyond and playing in a division with two teams likely to finish with 95+ victories.
For what it’s worth, Morosi believes the Jays would move Upton on to a third team in such a scenario, even though they have an obvious need in the outfield and could certainly use his upside. File this one in the “extreme long shot” category.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 101
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 1
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 25
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (100)