Dec 7, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star is reporting that the Royals want to bring in Pudge Rodriguez.
In far more interesting news, the Royals are going to wear (read: market to their fans) powder blue caps along with their powder blue jerseys next year. Although you can buy the hats now.
I like the powder blue thing, but the Royals have screwed it up. They should wear it on the road, not at home, and they should wear it with powder blue pants, not white ones. This according to the “if George Brett didn’t wear it, neither should you rule,” that applies equally to the caps. Blah.
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 3
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 23
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)