Dec 7, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star is reporting that the Royals want to bring in Pudge Rodriguez.
In far more interesting news, the Royals are going to wear (read: market to their fans) powder blue caps along with their powder blue jerseys next year. Although you can buy the hats now.
I like the powder blue thing, but the Royals have screwed it up. They should wear it on the road, not at home, and they should wear it with powder blue pants, not white ones. This according to the “if George Brett didn’t wear it, neither should you rule,” that applies equally to the caps. Blah.
- Greetings from All-Star week in Minneapolis 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 6
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 5
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)