Dec 7, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star is reporting that the Royals want to bring in Pudge Rodriguez.
In far more interesting news, the Royals are going to wear (read: market to their fans) powder blue caps along with their powder blue jerseys next year. Although you can buy the hats now.
I like the powder blue thing, but the Royals have screwed it up. They should wear it on the road, not at home, and they should wear it with powder blue pants, not white ones. This according to the “if George Brett didn’t wear it, neither should you rule,” that applies equally to the caps. Blah.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 9
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)