Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Take this with a grain of salt (and maybe a suck on a lime) because there’s not much there there, but it’s floating around the Marriott lobby that the Yankees are “close” to making a trade for both Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.
Whether this has as much merit as, say, the Pat Burrell to the Mets junk from this morning is open for debate. It’s also worth noting that there are no less than two bars right off of that Marriott lobby.
We’ll follow up with the debunking or confirmation later, whichever is warranted.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)