Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 PM EST
Take this with a grain of salt (and maybe a suck on a lime) because there’s not much there there, but it’s floating around the Marriott lobby that the Yankees are “close” to making a trade for both Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.
Whether this has as much merit as, say, the Pat Burrell to the Mets junk from this morning is open for debate. It’s also worth noting that there are no less than two bars right off of that Marriott lobby.
We’ll follow up with the debunking or confirmation later, whichever is warranted.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)