Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Take this with a grain of salt (and maybe a suck on a lime) because there’s not much there there, but it’s floating around the Marriott lobby that the Yankees are “close” to making a trade for both Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.
Whether this has as much merit as, say, the Pat Burrell to the Mets junk from this morning is open for debate. It’s also worth noting that there are no less than two bars right off of that Marriott lobby.
We’ll follow up with the debunking or confirmation later, whichever is warranted.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)