Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Take this with a grain of salt (and maybe a suck on a lime) because there’s not much there there, but it’s floating around the Marriott lobby that the Yankees are “close” to making a trade for both Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.
Whether this has as much merit as, say, the Pat Burrell to the Mets junk from this morning is open for debate. It’s also worth noting that there are no less than two bars right off of that Marriott lobby.
We’ll follow up with the debunking or confirmation later, whichever is warranted.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 37
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 54
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)