Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Take this with a grain of salt (and maybe a suck on a lime) because there’s not much there there, but it’s floating around the Marriott lobby that the Yankees are “close” to making a trade for both Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.
Whether this has as much merit as, say, the Pat Burrell to the Mets junk from this morning is open for debate. It’s also worth noting that there are no less than two bars right off of that Marriott lobby.
We’ll follow up with the debunking or confirmation later, whichever is warranted.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)