Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 PM EST
You’ll recall that Matthew said last night that the Brewers should go hard after Randy Wolf since the Dodgers didn’t offer him arbitration. Maybe the Brewers read CTB, because Rosenthal reports that the Brewers are making “a strong push” for Wolf.
Wolf went 11-7 with a 3.23 ERA in a career-high 214 1/3 innings for the Dodgers last year. After Lackey, he’s definitely the most attractive free agent starter. The fact that he can be had without surrendering any picks is a windfall for Milwaukee, or whoever else winds up with him.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)