Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 PM EST
You’ll recall that Matthew said last night that the Brewers should go hard after Randy Wolf since the Dodgers didn’t offer him arbitration. Maybe the Brewers read CTB, because Rosenthal reports that the Brewers are making “a strong push” for Wolf.
Wolf went 11-7 with a 3.23 ERA in a career-high 214 1/3 innings for the Dodgers last year. After Lackey, he’s definitely the most attractive free agent starter. The fact that he can be had without surrendering any picks is a windfall for Milwaukee, or whoever else winds up with him.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)