Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Matthew said last night that the Brewers should go hard after Randy Wolf since the Dodgers didn’t offer him arbitration. Maybe the Brewers read CTB, because Rosenthal reports that the Brewers are making “a strong push” for Wolf.
Wolf went 11-7 with a 3.23 ERA in a career-high 214 1/3 innings for the Dodgers last year. After Lackey, he’s definitely the most attractive free agent starter. The fact that he can be had without surrendering any picks is a windfall for Milwaukee, or whoever else winds up with him.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)