Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Matthew said last night that the Brewers should go hard after Randy Wolf since the Dodgers didn’t offer him arbitration. Maybe the Brewers read CTB, because Rosenthal reports that the Brewers are making “a strong push” for Wolf.
Wolf went 11-7 with a 3.23 ERA in a career-high 214 1/3 innings for the Dodgers last year. After Lackey, he’s definitely the most attractive free agent starter. The fact that he can be had without surrendering any picks is a windfall for Milwaukee, or whoever else winds up with him.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)