Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 PM EST
You’ll recall that Matthew said last night that the Brewers should go hard after Randy Wolf since the Dodgers didn’t offer him arbitration. Maybe the Brewers read CTB, because Rosenthal reports that the Brewers are making “a strong push” for Wolf.
Wolf went 11-7 with a 3.23 ERA in a career-high 214 1/3 innings for the Dodgers last year. After Lackey, he’s definitely the most attractive free agent starter. The fact that he can be had without surrendering any picks is a windfall for Milwaukee, or whoever else winds up with him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)