Dec 7, 2009, 8:10 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the Post is reporting that the Mets and Royals are in serious talks about Gil Meche. According to Sherman, Omar Minaya and Dayton Moore have already had several conversations about this before the Meetings, and plan to continue those talks here. But don’t get your hopes up, Royals fans: Omar has already told Moore that he’s not taking Jose Guillen in any trade, so if this happens it won’t involve the unloading of any excess baggage.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)