Dec 8, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
J.C. Bradbury is either on to something here or else he’s engaging in a particularly elaborate form of Braves-fan rationalization. Upshot: maybe Rafael Soriano’s acceptance of arbitration was designed to get him out of Atlanta and into a multi-year deal without his new team having to pay up in compensatory draft picks.
If that’s what’s going on, it’s brilliant. Maybe not 100% kosher in terms of the CBA, but freakin’ brilliant.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 75
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 61
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)