Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 AM EDT
19-year-old Nikolai Bonds was arrested Saturday for allegedly spitting in his mother’s face and throwing a metal doorknob at her during an argument, police told the Associated Press
Police arrested Bonds on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, vandalism, false imprisonment and obstructing and resisting an officer.
According to Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker, Bonds threw a metal doorknob at his mother “so hard that it embedded itself into the wall, but it missed her.” Sun Bonds, who was divorced from Barry in 1994, was uninjured.
Nikolai Bonds was often seen in the Giants dugout while his father was with the team. He played baseball briefly in high school and was a teammate of Matt Scioscia, the son of Angels manager Mike Scioscia, but he wasn’t considered a prospect.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 3
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)