Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 AM EST
19-year-old Nikolai Bonds was arrested Saturday for allegedly spitting in his mother’s face and throwing a metal doorknob at her during an argument, police told the Associated Press
Police arrested Bonds on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, vandalism, false imprisonment and obstructing and resisting an officer.
According to Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker, Bonds threw a metal doorknob at his mother “so hard that it embedded itself into the wall, but it missed her.” Sun Bonds, who was divorced from Barry in 1994, was uninjured.
Nikolai Bonds was often seen in the Giants dugout while his father was with the team. He played baseball briefly in high school and was a teammate of Matt Scioscia, the son of Angels manager Mike Scioscia, but he wasn’t considered a prospect.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40