Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 AM EDT
19-year-old Nikolai Bonds was arrested Saturday for allegedly spitting in his mother’s face and throwing a metal doorknob at her during an argument, police told the Associated Press
Police arrested Bonds on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, vandalism, false imprisonment and obstructing and resisting an officer.
According to Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker, Bonds threw a metal doorknob at his mother “so hard that it embedded itself into the wall, but it missed her.” Sun Bonds, who was divorced from Barry in 1994, was uninjured.
Nikolai Bonds was often seen in the Giants dugout while his father was with the team. He played baseball briefly in high school and was a teammate of Matt Scioscia, the son of Angels manager Mike Scioscia, but he wasn’t considered a prospect.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)