Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 AM EDT
19-year-old Nikolai Bonds was arrested Saturday for allegedly spitting in his mother’s face and throwing a metal doorknob at her during an argument, police told the Associated Press
Police arrested Bonds on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, vandalism, false imprisonment and obstructing and resisting an officer.
According to Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker, Bonds threw a metal doorknob at his mother “so hard that it embedded itself into the wall, but it missed her.” Sun Bonds, who was divorced from Barry in 1994, was uninjured.
Nikolai Bonds was often seen in the Giants dugout while his father was with the team. He played baseball briefly in high school and was a teammate of Matt Scioscia, the son of Angels manager Mike Scioscia, but he wasn’t considered a prospect.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)