Barry Bonds' son arrested after assaulting mother

Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 AM EDT

19-year-old Nikolai Bonds was arrested Saturday for allegedly spitting in his mother’s face and throwing a metal doorknob at her during an argument, police told the Associated Press
Police arrested Bonds on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, vandalism, false imprisonment and obstructing and resisting an officer.
According to Menlo Park police spokeswoman Nicole Acker, Bonds threw a metal doorknob at his mother “so hard that it embedded itself into the wall, but it missed her.” Sun Bonds, who was divorced from Barry in 1994, was uninjured.
Nikolai Bonds was often seen in the Giants dugout while his father was with the team. He played baseball briefly in high school and was a teammate of Matt Scioscia, the son of Angels manager Mike Scioscia, but he wasn’t considered a prospect.

1. Cru11 - Dec 8, 2009 at 3:03 AM

This instantly reminds me of Jesse Barfield getting pushed down by the stairs and being hospitalized by his then 18 yr old son…now in the A’s minor league system.

2. Old Gator - Dec 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM

America’s favorite drug-enhanced asshole appears to have gifted his rotten attitude to posteriority in the form of his offspring. If Sun has half a brain in her head, she’ll go to court and petition to expand her ex-husband’s visiting rights to a mandatory 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and then go out with Tiger Woods.

3. Obi - Dec 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

He need to be put in jail for 1 year min. You put hands on my mother…it would be the last time you use it. When do children start beating on their mother…if this son beat on his mom, who else would he not beat. An example need to be set. He need to be put in jail for 1 full year.

4. chuck - Dec 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM

the apple does not fall far from the tree

5. mick-7-1961 - Dec 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Steroids

6. Jeff Jefferson - Dec 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Steroid use does not skip a generation but is persistent familial and culturally. Good luck to mother Bonds in her attempts at gaining restraining orders against Barry and Nikolai.

7. IdahoMariner - Dec 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

so…taylor mattingly shoves his mother and spits in her face, and nikolai bonds spits in his mother’s face and tries to cause her serious injury (embedded in the wall? that’s a fair amount of force.) What are these men teaching their sons?

8. peter - Dec 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM

all you folks want to jump on bonds because he was surly with the press and usually kicked the s**t out of your local teams. i’d piss on the press if they were hounding me every day with negative questions. now steriods may make you stronger but i haven’t heard anything about it improving your eye sight. now you bottom feeders can go back to your nancy grace, E-Hollywood and ESPN gossip.

9. Jake Jones - Jan 18, 2010 at 5:14 AM

haha, Tiger is so funny! I love him.

10. yoruba movies - Feb 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I have been looking for detailed info on this subject. Very well written and interesting article. Thanks, I will spread the word!

11. patent an idea - Feb 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM

The best article I have ever read. Many ideas that emerged after I read your article. Very interesting and helped me. Thank you.

12. carls patio furniture - Feb 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I like it very much! Just incredible! Your composition manner is pleasing and the way you dealt the topic with grace is notable. I am intrigued, I make bold you are an expert on this topic. I am signing up for your incoming updates from now on.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2992)