Dec 8, 2009, 6:24 PM EST
ESPN Dallas is reporting that rumor that’s also made its way around twitter a bit, even though it has no concrete sources behind it. So, we’ll run with it here, even though we have serious doubts. According to a baseball official, the Rangers offered right-hander Neftali Feliz and first baseman Justin Smoak to the Marlins for Josh Johnson.
With Johnson still relatively inexpensive and two years away from free agency, he’d command a big price in trade talks. The Rangers, though, would be parting with two of the game’s top-15 prospects in such a trade. One of the two might find his way onto the table in talks, if they ever took place in the first place, but it’s highly unlikely the Rangers would offer both.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)