Dec 8, 2009, 6:24 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas is reporting that rumor that’s also made its way around twitter a bit, even though it has no concrete sources behind it. So, we’ll run with it here, even though we have serious doubts. According to a baseball official, the Rangers offered right-hander Neftali Feliz and first baseman Justin Smoak to the Marlins for Josh Johnson.
With Johnson still relatively inexpensive and two years away from free agency, he’d command a big price in trade talks. The Rangers, though, would be parting with two of the game’s top-15 prospects in such a trade. One of the two might find his way onto the table in talks, if they ever took place in the first place, but it’s highly unlikely the Rangers would offer both.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)