Dec 8, 2009, 6:24 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas is reporting that rumor that’s also made its way around twitter a bit, even though it has no concrete sources behind it. So, we’ll run with it here, even though we have serious doubts. According to a baseball official, the Rangers offered right-hander Neftali Feliz and first baseman Justin Smoak to the Marlins for Josh Johnson.
With Johnson still relatively inexpensive and two years away from free agency, he’d command a big price in trade talks. The Rangers, though, would be parting with two of the game’s top-15 prospects in such a trade. One of the two might find his way onto the table in talks, if they ever took place in the first place, but it’s highly unlikely the Rangers would offer both.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)