Dec 8, 2009, 6:24 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas is reporting that rumor that’s also made its way around twitter a bit, even though it has no concrete sources behind it. So, we’ll run with it here, even though we have serious doubts. According to a baseball official, the Rangers offered right-hander Neftali Feliz and first baseman Justin Smoak to the Marlins for Josh Johnson.
With Johnson still relatively inexpensive and two years away from free agency, he’d command a big price in trade talks. The Rangers, though, would be parting with two of the game’s top-15 prospects in such a trade. One of the two might find his way onto the table in talks, if they ever took place in the first place, but it’s highly unlikely the Rangers would offer both.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)