Dec 8, 2009, 1:27 PM EST
So says the Inside The D-Backs blog at MLB.com. “D-backs would give up Max Scherzer and Daniel Schlereth and receive pitchers Ian Kennedy and Edwin Jackson.”
He’s the only one I’ve seen saying that so far, though there is growing optimism in all quarters. Jon Morosi is saying that it’s “closer” and that they’re “making progress.” Heyman is saying it’s 50-50. Buster is saying it’s only 20-30%, but that there’s “growing confidence on at least two of the sides involved.” Whether I offer to split bar bills with Heyman or Buster later tonight depends on who was right with the percentages.
We’ll let you know if and when it becomes official. Or at least as official as anything around here gets before people start reporting it as gospel.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)