Dec 8, 2009, 1:27 PM EDT
So says the Inside The D-Backs blog at MLB.com. “D-backs would give up Max Scherzer and Daniel Schlereth and receive pitchers Ian Kennedy and Edwin Jackson.”
He’s the only one I’ve seen saying that so far, though there is growing optimism in all quarters. Jon Morosi is saying that it’s “closer” and that they’re “making progress.” Heyman is saying it’s 50-50. Buster is saying it’s only 20-30%, but that there’s “growing confidence on at least two of the sides involved.” Whether I offer to split bar bills with Heyman or Buster later tonight depends on who was right with the percentages.
We’ll let you know if and when it becomes official. Or at least as official as anything around here gets before people start reporting it as gospel.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)