Dec 8, 2009, 1:27 PM EDT
So says the Inside The D-Backs blog at MLB.com. “D-backs would give up Max Scherzer and Daniel Schlereth and receive pitchers Ian Kennedy and Edwin Jackson.”
He’s the only one I’ve seen saying that so far, though there is growing optimism in all quarters. Jon Morosi is saying that it’s “closer” and that they’re “making progress.” Heyman is saying it’s 50-50. Buster is saying it’s only 20-30%, but that there’s “growing confidence on at least two of the sides involved.” Whether I offer to split bar bills with Heyman or Buster later tonight depends on who was right with the percentages.
We’ll let you know if and when it becomes official. Or at least as official as anything around here gets before people start reporting it as gospel.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 19
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)