Dec 8, 2009, 1:27 PM EST
So says the Inside The D-Backs blog at MLB.com. “D-backs would give up Max Scherzer and Daniel Schlereth and receive pitchers Ian Kennedy and Edwin Jackson.”
He’s the only one I’ve seen saying that so far, though there is growing optimism in all quarters. Jon Morosi is saying that it’s “closer” and that they’re “making progress.” Heyman is saying it’s 50-50. Buster is saying it’s only 20-30%, but that there’s “growing confidence on at least two of the sides involved.” Whether I offer to split bar bills with Heyman or Buster later tonight depends on who was right with the percentages.
We’ll let you know if and when it becomes official. Or at least as official as anything around here gets before people start reporting it as gospel.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)