Dec 8, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
A.J. Hinch is talking to the media now for his pre-scheduled availability, and he was asked a question about the development of the kids in Arizona, the young rotation, etc., and he kept going on and on about Max Scherzer’s development as a starter and how he’s an ace-in-training.
I suppose it’s possible that he’s playing company man and talking up Max for purposes of making sure the trade gets cemented, but there’s a definite whiff of “Max Scherzer is one of my starting pitchers, and boy I sure am happy to have him” about it all.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)