Dec 8, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
A.J. Hinch is talking to the media now for his pre-scheduled availability, and he was asked a question about the development of the kids in Arizona, the young rotation, etc., and he kept going on and on about Max Scherzer’s development as a starter and how he’s an ace-in-training.
I suppose it’s possible that he’s playing company man and talking up Max for purposes of making sure the trade gets cemented, but there’s a definite whiff of “Max Scherzer is one of my starting pitchers, and boy I sure am happy to have him” about it all.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)