Dec 8, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
A.J. Hinch is talking to the media now for his pre-scheduled availability, and he was asked a question about the development of the kids in Arizona, the young rotation, etc., and he kept going on and on about Max Scherzer’s development as a starter and how he’s an ace-in-training.
I suppose it’s possible that he’s playing company man and talking up Max for purposes of making sure the trade gets cemented, but there’s a definite whiff of “Max Scherzer is one of my starting pitchers, and boy I sure am happy to have him” about it all.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)