Dec 8, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Is Alex Anthopoulos. Seeing the Blue Jays’ GM is like trying to get in to see the Beatles at the Waldorf Astoria before they went on the Ed Sullivan Show in ’64. I’m pretty sure there are beat writers hiding in room service carts and everything.
One thing Anthopoulos has asked of other GMs is for them to come to his
suite, not the other way around. Anthopoulos has also limited the
number of people allowed into the room to one or two at a time — a way
to keep conversations focused and an attempt to stop leaks to the media
— and he said all of the GMs have been receptive to the approach.
“I asked politely if they had any problem with it — no one has,” said Anthopoulos.
Of course, that didn’t stop people from seeing Ned Colletti go into Anthopoulous’ suite, setting off Halladay-to-the-Dodgers rumors, and it won’t stop folks from watching the door today, tomorrow and Thursday too. Here’s a tip if you really want secrecy, Alex: use a phone. Meet in conference room with more than one door. Change it up a bit, because we’re all on to you.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)