Dec 8, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Is Alex Anthopoulos. Seeing the Blue Jays’ GM is like trying to get in to see the Beatles at the Waldorf Astoria before they went on the Ed Sullivan Show in ’64. I’m pretty sure there are beat writers hiding in room service carts and everything.
One thing Anthopoulos has asked of other GMs is for them to come to his
suite, not the other way around. Anthopoulos has also limited the
number of people allowed into the room to one or two at a time — a way
to keep conversations focused and an attempt to stop leaks to the media
— and he said all of the GMs have been receptive to the approach.
“I asked politely if they had any problem with it — no one has,” said Anthopoulos.
Of course, that didn’t stop people from seeing Ned Colletti go into Anthopoulous’ suite, setting off Halladay-to-the-Dodgers rumors, and it won’t stop folks from watching the door today, tomorrow and Thursday too. Here’s a tip if you really want secrecy, Alex: use a phone. Meet in conference room with more than one door. Change it up a bit, because we’re all on to you.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)