Dec 8, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
Is Alex Anthopoulos. Seeing the Blue Jays’ GM is like trying to get in to see the Beatles at the Waldorf Astoria before they went on the Ed Sullivan Show in ’64. I’m pretty sure there are beat writers hiding in room service carts and everything.
One thing Anthopoulos has asked of other GMs is for them to come to his
suite, not the other way around. Anthopoulos has also limited the
number of people allowed into the room to one or two at a time — a way
to keep conversations focused and an attempt to stop leaks to the media
— and he said all of the GMs have been receptive to the approach.
“I asked politely if they had any problem with it — no one has,” said Anthopoulos.
Of course, that didn’t stop people from seeing Ned Colletti go into Anthopoulous’ suite, setting off Halladay-to-the-Dodgers rumors, and it won’t stop folks from watching the door today, tomorrow and Thursday too. Here’s a tip if you really want secrecy, Alex: use a phone. Meet in conference room with more than one door. Change it up a bit, because we’re all on to you.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)