Dec 8, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
The Indians — who are not likely to be the sort of team who needs a big money closer in 2010 — would love to try and deal Kerry Wood this week, says Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Wood is floating in a sea of relief pitchers — which includes Fernando Rodney, Brandon Lyon, Mike Gonzalez, Kevin Gregg, LaTroy Hawkins and Jose Valverde — most of whom can be had for less than the ten million a year Wood is owed next season. What’s more, the Indians aren’t willing to eat any of that money. In light of all of that, why oh why would the Indians think they could actually deal the guy?
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)