Dec 8, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
The Indians — who are not likely to be the sort of team who needs a big money closer in 2010 — would love to try and deal Kerry Wood this week, says Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Wood is floating in a sea of relief pitchers — which includes Fernando Rodney, Brandon Lyon, Mike Gonzalez, Kevin Gregg, LaTroy Hawkins and Jose Valverde — most of whom can be had for less than the ten million a year Wood is owed next season. What’s more, the Indians aren’t willing to eat any of that money. In light of all of that, why oh why would the Indians think they could actually deal the guy?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)