Dec 8, 2009, 10:32 AM EDT
The Brewers and Randy Wolf don’t have a deal just yet. The Mets have swept in and, while they may not be willing to do the three years Milwaukee is, they are meeting with Wolf’s people this morning and may try to go bigger dollars on two years.
Wolf is the best pitcher available, non-Lackey division. He’s worth the fight, I’d think.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 16
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 9
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 18
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)