Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Peter Schmuck has a good article up this morning about the Orioles quest to put some decent arms around their decent bats. They’re talking to the Rangers about Kevin Millwood. They’re looking at Erik Bedard’s medical records.
Oh, and this is a killer for Braves fans: they were really hoping that Soriano would reject arbitration because they would have totally been into him. It’s a little something I’m sure I’ll be thinking about when the Braves’ awesome bullpen is so ably protecting those 1-0 losses they’ll have so many of due to a lack of hitters next season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)