Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Peter Schmuck has a good article up this morning about the Orioles quest to put some decent arms around their decent bats. They’re talking to the Rangers about Kevin Millwood. They’re looking at Erik Bedard’s medical records.
Oh, and this is a killer for Braves fans: they were really hoping that Soriano would reject arbitration because they would have totally been into him. It’s a little something I’m sure I’ll be thinking about when the Braves’ awesome bullpen is so ably protecting those 1-0 losses they’ll have so many of due to a lack of hitters next season.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (117)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)