Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Peter Schmuck has a good article up this morning about the Orioles quest to put some decent arms around their decent bats. They’re talking to the Rangers about Kevin Millwood. They’re looking at Erik Bedard’s medical records.
Oh, and this is a killer for Braves fans: they were really hoping that Soriano would reject arbitration because they would have totally been into him. It’s a little something I’m sure I’ll be thinking about when the Braves’ awesome bullpen is so ably protecting those 1-0 losses they’ll have so many of due to a lack of hitters next season.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)