Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Peter Schmuck has a good article up this morning about the Orioles quest to put some decent arms around their decent bats. They’re talking to the Rangers about Kevin Millwood. They’re looking at Erik Bedard’s medical records.
Oh, and this is a killer for Braves fans: they were really hoping that Soriano would reject arbitration because they would have totally been into him. It’s a little something I’m sure I’ll be thinking about when the Braves’ awesome bullpen is so ably protecting those 1-0 losses they’ll have so many of due to a lack of hitters next season.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 48
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)