Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Peter Schmuck has a good article up this morning about the Orioles quest to put some decent arms around their decent bats. They’re talking to the Rangers about Kevin Millwood. They’re looking at Erik Bedard’s medical records.
Oh, and this is a killer for Braves fans: they were really hoping that Soriano would reject arbitration because they would have totally been into him. It’s a little something I’m sure I’ll be thinking about when the Braves’ awesome bullpen is so ably protecting those 1-0 losses they’ll have so many of due to a lack of hitters next season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)