Dec 8, 2009, 9:38 AM EDT
Heyman on why it’s extremely unlikely that Curtis Granderson is going to the Yankees in that much-discussed multi-team deal:
[Yankees] would have had to give up 4 prospects for granderson in 3-way deal: austin jackson, coke, kennedy and dunn. theyre saying no.
Good for the Yankees. I think some people are wearing Winter Meetings goggles. Sure, a Granderson deal looks like an awesome blockbuster within the context of an event where Brian Bruney can be the day’s biggest story, but he’s still a good, not great outfielder who is in no way worth that level of a prospect outlay.
We can talk about it all we want, but I’ve heard nothing and read nothing that suggests that the Tigers are any more serious about dealing Granderson today than they were a week or two ago when they were in “sure, if you totally bowl us over” mode.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)