Dec 8, 2009, 9:38 AM EDT
Heyman on why it’s extremely unlikely that Curtis Granderson is going to the Yankees in that much-discussed multi-team deal:
[Yankees] would have had to give up 4 prospects for granderson in 3-way deal: austin jackson, coke, kennedy and dunn. theyre saying no.
Good for the Yankees. I think some people are wearing Winter Meetings goggles. Sure, a Granderson deal looks like an awesome blockbuster within the context of an event where Brian Bruney can be the day’s biggest story, but he’s still a good, not great outfielder who is in no way worth that level of a prospect outlay.
We can talk about it all we want, but I’ve heard nothing and read nothing that suggests that the Tigers are any more serious about dealing Granderson today than they were a week or two ago when they were in “sure, if you totally bowl us over” mode.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)