Dec 8, 2009, 9:38 AM EST
Heyman on why it’s extremely unlikely that Curtis Granderson is going to the Yankees in that much-discussed multi-team deal:
[Yankees] would have had to give up 4 prospects for granderson in 3-way deal: austin jackson, coke, kennedy and dunn. theyre saying no.
Good for the Yankees. I think some people are wearing Winter Meetings goggles. Sure, a Granderson deal looks like an awesome blockbuster within the context of an event where Brian Bruney can be the day’s biggest story, but he’s still a good, not great outfielder who is in no way worth that level of a prospect outlay.
We can talk about it all we want, but I’ve heard nothing and read nothing that suggests that the Tigers are any more serious about dealing Granderson today than they were a week or two ago when they were in “sure, if you totally bowl us over” mode.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 322
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (326)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)