Dec 9, 2009, 1:53 PM EST
Question: What did you think of Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance? Another question: Would you like to have a player like Hideki Matsui in your
That’s a question my buddy from the Japanese press corp. is going to be asking Bob Geren soon based on this report from John Shea about Matsui maybe going to Oakland. To be fair, Shea calls it a longshot, but my homie was asking NL teams with three set outfielders about it over the past few days, so he’s probably going to crazy based on even a report this thin.
For what it’s worth, Keith Law calls any Matsui-to-Oakland speculation rather silly, noting that they have plenty of DH types that cost a fraction of the dough Matsui would, and without the sorts of question marks that surround him.
So I guess what I’m saying is that Keith law had better watch his back.
UPDATE: From the Chicago Sun Times!
KW is about to talk and Japanese media is here looking for answers. It’s on.
That poor, poor bastard. Assuming Kenny survives, he’ll have to jibe his interest in Matsui with Ozzie Guillen’s statements yesterday that, with all apologies to Jim Thome, he likes to be able to rotate everyday players through the DH slot rather than have a dedicated DH.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (278)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)