Dec 9, 2009, 1:53 PM EDT
Question: What did you think of Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance? Another question: Would you like to have a player like Hideki Matsui in your
That’s a question my buddy from the Japanese press corp. is going to be asking Bob Geren soon based on this report from John Shea about Matsui maybe going to Oakland. To be fair, Shea calls it a longshot, but my homie was asking NL teams with three set outfielders about it over the past few days, so he’s probably going to crazy based on even a report this thin.
For what it’s worth, Keith Law calls any Matsui-to-Oakland speculation rather silly, noting that they have plenty of DH types that cost a fraction of the dough Matsui would, and without the sorts of question marks that surround him.
So I guess what I’m saying is that Keith law had better watch his back.
UPDATE: From the Chicago Sun Times!
KW is about to talk and Japanese media is here looking for answers. It’s on.
That poor, poor bastard. Assuming Kenny survives, he’ll have to jibe his interest in Matsui with Ozzie Guillen’s statements yesterday that, with all apologies to Jim Thome, he likes to be able to rotate everyday players through the DH slot rather than have a dedicated DH.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)