Dec 9, 2009, 1:53 PM EDT
Question: What did you think of Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance? Another question: Would you like to have a player like Hideki Matsui in your
That’s a question my buddy from the Japanese press corp. is going to be asking Bob Geren soon based on this report from John Shea about Matsui maybe going to Oakland. To be fair, Shea calls it a longshot, but my homie was asking NL teams with three set outfielders about it over the past few days, so he’s probably going to crazy based on even a report this thin.
For what it’s worth, Keith Law calls any Matsui-to-Oakland speculation rather silly, noting that they have plenty of DH types that cost a fraction of the dough Matsui would, and without the sorts of question marks that surround him.
So I guess what I’m saying is that Keith law had better watch his back.
UPDATE: From the Chicago Sun Times!
KW is about to talk and Japanese media is here looking for answers. It’s on.
That poor, poor bastard. Assuming Kenny survives, he’ll have to jibe his interest in Matsui with Ozzie Guillen’s statements yesterday that, with all apologies to Jim Thome, he likes to be able to rotate everyday players through the DH slot rather than have a dedicated DH.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 97
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)