Dec 9, 2009, 1:53 PM EDT
Question: What did you think of Hideki Matsui’s World Series performance? Another question: Would you like to have a player like Hideki Matsui in your
That’s a question my buddy from the Japanese press corp. is going to be asking Bob Geren soon based on this report from John Shea about Matsui maybe going to Oakland. To be fair, Shea calls it a longshot, but my homie was asking NL teams with three set outfielders about it over the past few days, so he’s probably going to crazy based on even a report this thin.
For what it’s worth, Keith Law calls any Matsui-to-Oakland speculation rather silly, noting that they have plenty of DH types that cost a fraction of the dough Matsui would, and without the sorts of question marks that surround him.
So I guess what I’m saying is that Keith law had better watch his back.
UPDATE: From the Chicago Sun Times!
KW is about to talk and Japanese media is here looking for answers. It’s on.
That poor, poor bastard. Assuming Kenny survives, he’ll have to jibe his interest in Matsui with Ozzie Guillen’s statements yesterday that, with all apologies to Jim Thome, he likes to be able to rotate everyday players through the DH slot rather than have a dedicated DH.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59