Dec 9, 2009, 12:30 PM EDT
Ever since his famous falling out with Scott Boras, Gary Sheffield has acted as his own agent. He informed the Globe’s Pete Abraham this morning that four teams have contacted him with interest for 2010.
Sheffield thinks he can still play the field a bit, and he seems to think that he can hang around for the 311 hits he needs to reach 3000. Neither of those things are the least bit likely, but he could certainly be useful as a DH or pinch hitter as long as he’s realistic about his asking price. I mean, he’s no less useful than Ken Griffey. At least if you keep the marketing and P.R. out of it.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)