Dec 9, 2009, 12:30 PM EDT
Ever since his famous falling out with Scott Boras, Gary Sheffield has acted as his own agent. He informed the Globe’s Pete Abraham this morning that four teams have contacted him with interest for 2010.
Sheffield thinks he can still play the field a bit, and he seems to think that he can hang around for the 311 hits he needs to reach 3000. Neither of those things are the least bit likely, but he could certainly be useful as a DH or pinch hitter as long as he’s realistic about his asking price. I mean, he’s no less useful than Ken Griffey. At least if you keep the marketing and P.R. out of it.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final