Dec 9, 2009, 7:12 AM EDT
Each night the bar and lobby scene at the Winter Meetings lasts a bit longer, which in turn means that the morning starts a bit later. It takes a bit longer for the press room to fill up and the tweets to start flying. The line at Starbucks is deeper and deeper. I bet I could make a killing selling the aspirin I have in my bag at inflated prices . . .
Yesterday was dominated by the Curtis Granderson deal and the Peter Gammons news. Less noticed — because of the late hour and the lower star-power wattage — was Ross Gload signing with the Phillies. Otherwise the day involved a couple of formalities and a lot of rumor mongering.
I’d expect the rumor mongering to continue today, as there is increasing speculation that Roy Halladay and Jason Bay could find themselves in new uniforms before we all leave Indianapolis. I’m a little dubious — the Halladay thing is gonna take time — but that won’t stop the chatter. Our job? To cut through the chatter as best as possible, putting lie to the baloney and getting there firstest with the mostest in terms of analysis.
As I said yesterday: refresh often, my friends.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (100)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4