Dec 9, 2009, 9:30 AM EST
. . . have to Include listening to Ozzie Guillen talk about Tiger Woods’ problems. I can’t repeat any of it, partially because it was in an informal off-the-record setting, but mostly because NBC would fire me, the Marion County, Indiana authorities would arrest me for trafficking in extreme obscenity and I’m pretty sure my keyboard would melt.
Suffice it to say, however, that Ozzie Guillen is a very practical guy, and if Tiger had asked his opinion about how to organize his life beforehand, he wouldn’t be in the mess that he’s in.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)