Dec 9, 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
Randy Wolf just signed for $29.75 million over three years. Jayson Stark is reporting that Joel Piniero thinks the he’s the No. 2 starter on market behind Lackey. That means that he wants more than Wolf, which sets him up at about $10 million bucks a year. You have to figure he wants three years too.
The Mets have shown some interest in recent weeks, but they reportedly wouldn’t match that third year that Wolf got from Milwaukee. If they wouldn’t give it to Wolf, it’s hard to see them giving it to Piniero unless they’re feeling really desperate.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)