Dec 9, 2009, 2:59 PM EST
Randy Wolf just signed for $29.75 million over three years. Jayson Stark is reporting that Joel Piniero thinks the he’s the No. 2 starter on market behind Lackey. That means that he wants more than Wolf, which sets him up at about $10 million bucks a year. You have to figure he wants three years too.
The Mets have shown some interest in recent weeks, but they reportedly wouldn’t match that third year that Wolf got from Milwaukee. If they wouldn’t give it to Wolf, it’s hard to see them giving it to Piniero unless they’re feeling really desperate.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)