Dec 9, 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
Randy Wolf just signed for $29.75 million over three years. Jayson Stark is reporting that Joel Piniero thinks the he’s the No. 2 starter on market behind Lackey. That means that he wants more than Wolf, which sets him up at about $10 million bucks a year. You have to figure he wants three years too.
The Mets have shown some interest in recent weeks, but they reportedly wouldn’t match that third year that Wolf got from Milwaukee. If they wouldn’t give it to Wolf, it’s hard to see them giving it to Piniero unless they’re feeling really desperate.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)