Dec 9, 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
Randy Wolf just signed for $29.75 million over three years. Jayson Stark is reporting that Joel Piniero thinks the he’s the No. 2 starter on market behind Lackey. That means that he wants more than Wolf, which sets him up at about $10 million bucks a year. You have to figure he wants three years too.
The Mets have shown some interest in recent weeks, but they reportedly wouldn’t match that third year that Wolf got from Milwaukee. If they wouldn’t give it to Wolf, it’s hard to see them giving it to Piniero unless they’re feeling really desperate.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 51
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)