Dec 9, 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
Randy Wolf just signed for $29.75 million over three years. Jayson Stark is reporting that Joel Piniero thinks the he’s the No. 2 starter on market behind Lackey. That means that he wants more than Wolf, which sets him up at about $10 million bucks a year. You have to figure he wants three years too.
The Mets have shown some interest in recent weeks, but they reportedly wouldn’t match that third year that Wolf got from Milwaukee. If they wouldn’t give it to Wolf, it’s hard to see them giving it to Piniero unless they’re feeling really desperate.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)