Dec 9, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
There has been varying amounts of chatter regarding a possible Luis Castillo trade this week, but it’s probably time to put the kibosh on it. The Post’s Joel Sherman:
[The Mets] told agt for 2B
they were interested in that they now think dealing Castillo unlikely:
“Don’t hold your breath” was the exact term.
If I had to guess I’d say that the agent they were talking to was Orlando Hudson’s, as he’s really the only free agent second baseman who has been in play this week.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72