Dec 9, 2009, 10:30 AM EST
There has been varying amounts of chatter regarding a possible Luis Castillo trade this week, but it’s probably time to put the kibosh on it. The Post’s Joel Sherman:
[The Mets] told agt for 2B
they were interested in that they now think dealing Castillo unlikely:
“Don’t hold your breath” was the exact term.
If I had to guess I’d say that the agent they were talking to was Orlando Hudson’s, as he’s really the only free agent second baseman who has been in play this week.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)