Dec 9, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
There has been varying amounts of chatter regarding a possible Luis Castillo trade this week, but it’s probably time to put the kibosh on it. The Post’s Joel Sherman:
[The Mets] told agt for 2B
they were interested in that they now think dealing Castillo unlikely:
“Don’t hold your breath” was the exact term.
If I had to guess I’d say that the agent they were talking to was Orlando Hudson’s, as he’s really the only free agent second baseman who has been in play this week.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 0
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12