Dec 9, 2009, 7:12 PM EDT
*FOXSports.com’s Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Rockies and Yorvit Torrealba are about $1 million apart on a two-year deal, with the Rockies offering $5 million.
Ringolsby also has the Rockies looking at Miguel Olivo, Josh Bard and Jason Kendall as fall-back options. The Nationals’ decision to give Ivan Rodriguez $6 million for two years makes Torrealba more than justified in asking for the same amount.
*Bengie Molina and the Mets have been involved in negotiations, but still aren’t close to a deal, according to the New York Times.
There still hasn’t been any indication that the Mets are ready to guarantee Molina a second year. Even though Molina no longer appears to have a return to San Francisco as a fallback option, he’s not going to sign a one-year deal unless he gets backed into a corner over the next month or two.
*According to the St. Petersburg Times, Kendall has a two-year offer on the table himself, with the Royals making the proposal.
Kendall’s experience apparently outweights John Buck’s ability to hit the ball out of the infield on occasion. The Royals, who have already subtracted free agent Miguel Olivo, are expected to non-tender Buck this weekend.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)