Dec 9, 2009, 7:12 PM EDT
*FOXSports.com’s Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Rockies and Yorvit Torrealba are about $1 million apart on a two-year deal, with the Rockies offering $5 million.
Ringolsby also has the Rockies looking at Miguel Olivo, Josh Bard and Jason Kendall as fall-back options. The Nationals’ decision to give Ivan Rodriguez $6 million for two years makes Torrealba more than justified in asking for the same amount.
*Bengie Molina and the Mets have been involved in negotiations, but still aren’t close to a deal, according to the New York Times.
There still hasn’t been any indication that the Mets are ready to guarantee Molina a second year. Even though Molina no longer appears to have a return to San Francisco as a fallback option, he’s not going to sign a one-year deal unless he gets backed into a corner over the next month or two.
*According to the St. Petersburg Times, Kendall has a two-year offer on the table himself, with the Royals making the proposal.
Kendall’s experience apparently outweights John Buck’s ability to hit the ball out of the infield on occasion. The Royals, who have already subtracted free agent Miguel Olivo, are expected to non-tender Buck this weekend.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)