Dec 9, 2009, 2:53 PM EDT
Jim Leyland just sat for his press conference and had a couple of good lines.
When asked about what losing Placido Polanco to the Phillies means, Leyland said “He’s like an old shoe. You know, sometimes you wanna go out and get some shiny new shoes, but you’re not gonna have anything more comfortable than that old shoe, you know?”
I’m not 100% certain, but I think Polanco should be flattered.
Next question was about how Curtis Granderson was going to do in New York. Leyland: “I’m kind of frustrated that you guys keep talking about players I used to have. Why don’t we talk about some players I have?”
I had all kinds of fun questions ready to ask about Miguel Cabrera, but figured that I don’t need to get kicked out just yet.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)