Dec 9, 2009, 2:53 PM EDT
Jim Leyland just sat for his press conference and had a couple of good lines.
When asked about what losing Placido Polanco to the Phillies means, Leyland said “He’s like an old shoe. You know, sometimes you wanna go out and get some shiny new shoes, but you’re not gonna have anything more comfortable than that old shoe, you know?”
I’m not 100% certain, but I think Polanco should be flattered.
Next question was about how Curtis Granderson was going to do in New York. Leyland: “I’m kind of frustrated that you guys keep talking about players I used to have. Why don’t we talk about some players I have?”
I had all kinds of fun questions ready to ask about Miguel Cabrera, but figured that I don’t need to get kicked out just yet.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 1
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 48
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)