Dec 9, 2009, 2:53 PM EDT
Jim Leyland just sat for his press conference and had a couple of good lines.
When asked about what losing Placido Polanco to the Phillies means, Leyland said “He’s like an old shoe. You know, sometimes you wanna go out and get some shiny new shoes, but you’re not gonna have anything more comfortable than that old shoe, you know?”
I’m not 100% certain, but I think Polanco should be flattered.
Next question was about how Curtis Granderson was going to do in New York. Leyland: “I’m kind of frustrated that you guys keep talking about players I used to have. Why don’t we talk about some players I have?”
I had all kinds of fun questions ready to ask about Miguel Cabrera, but figured that I don’t need to get kicked out just yet.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)