Dec 9, 2009, 5:14 PM EDT
Update 2: Craig has confirmed that the deal is with the Rangers. One year, $7.5 million with the option for 2011.
Update: Craig’s source is hearing one-year, $7.5 million with an $11.5 million option for 2011. Possibly with the Mariners.
Sources are telling ESPN’s Buster Olney that free agent Rich Harden is on the verge of an agreement with a mystery team.
Speculation had the Rangers being very interested in Harden if they could move Kevin Millwood first, so given the timing, Texas would seem to be a possibility. The Red Sox, Yankees and Mariners are among the other teams considering Harden, who is believed to be willing to accept a one-year deal so that he can attempt to rebuild his value and go back onto the market.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 0
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 130
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (130)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)