Dec 9, 2009, 3:21 PM EDT
This is what happens when Scott Boras shows up right outside the media room and starts talking. The crowd wasn’t even this big at the free buffet the other day.
No, I did not hear exactly what he was saying. It was something like “Johnny Damon is like a better looking Ted Williams, and I have a prospectus that proves it.” No, I did not get a chance to ask him about his conflict of interest in representing multiple free agents at the same position in the same offseason. That’s between me and the bar association for now.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)