Dec 9, 2009, 3:21 PM EDT
This is what happens when Scott Boras shows up right outside the media room and starts talking. The crowd wasn’t even this big at the free buffet the other day.
No, I did not hear exactly what he was saying. It was something like “Johnny Damon is like a better looking Ted Williams, and I have a prospectus that proves it.” No, I did not get a chance to ask him about his conflict of interest in representing multiple free agents at the same position in the same offseason. That’s between me and the bar association for now.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)