Dec 9, 2009, 2:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Brewers have signed LaTroy Hawkins. It’s a two year deal. Not sure on the money yet, but it’s all done but for the physical.
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (and others) are reporting that the Brewers are getting close to signing setup man LaTroy Hawkins. Nightengale says that the Brewers have a “strong interest,” and that they’re “moving fast” on him and could sign him today.
Hawkins has been great for the Astros, putting up a 1.71 ERA in his last 84 1/3 innings. He’d be a great pickup for the Brewers.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)