Dec 9, 2009, 2:33 PM EST
UPDATE: The Brewers have signed LaTroy Hawkins. It’s a two year deal. Not sure on the money yet, but it’s all done but for the physical.
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (and others) are reporting that the Brewers are getting close to signing setup man LaTroy Hawkins. Nightengale says that the Brewers have a “strong interest,” and that they’re “moving fast” on him and could sign him today.
Hawkins has been great for the Astros, putting up a 1.71 ERA in his last 84 1/3 innings. He’d be a great pickup for the Brewers.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)