Dec 9, 2009, 2:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Brewers have signed LaTroy Hawkins. It’s a two year deal. Not sure on the money yet, but it’s all done but for the physical.
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (and others) are reporting that the Brewers are getting close to signing setup man LaTroy Hawkins. Nightengale says that the Brewers have a “strong interest,” and that they’re “moving fast” on him and could sign him today.
Hawkins has been great for the Astros, putting up a 1.71 ERA in his last 84 1/3 innings. He’d be a great pickup for the Brewers.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 35
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)