Dec 9, 2009, 9:15 AM EDT
So tweets Buster Olney. At this point you’d have to figure Crisp as a backup outfielder/pinch runner type for the Red Sox, though other teams have expressed interest in him in a more substantial role.
Crisp had his season cut short by shoulder surgeries last year, but thanks to the crappy Royals medical staff he wasn’t even well when he was playing, so don’t look too deeply at that .228/.336/.378 line he put up. He was hitting well before his shoulder went screwy, and he’s supposed to be all better come Spring Training.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 41
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)