Dec 9, 2009, 9:15 AM EST
So tweets Buster Olney. At this point you’d have to figure Crisp as a backup outfielder/pinch runner type for the Red Sox, though other teams have expressed interest in him in a more substantial role.
Crisp had his season cut short by shoulder surgeries last year, but thanks to the crappy Royals medical staff he wasn’t even well when he was playing, so don’t look too deeply at that .228/.336/.378 line he put up. He was hitting well before his shoulder went screwy, and he’s supposed to be all better come Spring Training.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 30
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)