Dec 10, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
I and everyone else around here figured this was dead, but Rosenthal says that the Cubs and
Marlins Rays (man, scotch is a helluva drug) are still trying to figure out how to do a Milton Bradley-Pat Burrell deal, having talked about it into the wee hours this morning. Everyone else was drinking and having a good time. These guys are talking about two of the more highly annoying players in baseball. Priorites, dudes, priorities.
Basically, the Rays are the only team left with any interest in the guy and they know it, So they’re asking for more than just the money the Cubs want to kick into the deal (oh, and they want the Cubs to kick more into the deal too). Sounds sensible to me. I’d make Jim Hendry come over to my house and reseal my deck if I was going to take Bradley off of his hands.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32