Dec 10, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
I and everyone else around here figured this was dead, but Rosenthal says that the Cubs and
Marlins Rays (man, scotch is a helluva drug) are still trying to figure out how to do a Milton Bradley-Pat Burrell deal, having talked about it into the wee hours this morning. Everyone else was drinking and having a good time. These guys are talking about two of the more highly annoying players in baseball. Priorites, dudes, priorities.
Basically, the Rays are the only team left with any interest in the guy and they know it, So they’re asking for more than just the money the Cubs want to kick into the deal (oh, and they want the Cubs to kick more into the deal too). Sounds sensible to me. I’d make Jim Hendry come over to my house and reseal my deck if I was going to take Bradley off of his hands.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)