Dec 10, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
I and everyone else around here figured this was dead, but Rosenthal says that the Cubs and
Marlins Rays (man, scotch is a helluva drug) are still trying to figure out how to do a Milton Bradley-Pat Burrell deal, having talked about it into the wee hours this morning. Everyone else was drinking and having a good time. These guys are talking about two of the more highly annoying players in baseball. Priorites, dudes, priorities.
Basically, the Rays are the only team left with any interest in the guy and they know it, So they’re asking for more than just the money the Cubs want to kick into the deal (oh, and they want the Cubs to kick more into the deal too). Sounds sensible to me. I’d make Jim Hendry come over to my house and reseal my deck if I was going to take Bradley off of his hands.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11