Dec 10, 2009, 10:32 AM EST
As of now, though, there is nothing to suggest that it’s not happening. Heyman is reporting that Boston would send between $8-9 million to Texas in the deal. With that kind of money changing hands, Selig has to sign off on the deal, I’m told. That’s probably why everyone is trying to pretend that there’s still work to be done.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)