Dec 10, 2009, 8:45 AM EST
Adam Rubin of the Daily News is reporting that the Mets will make Bengie Molina a contract offer before they head to the airport today. No deal is expected to be done today, however.
I’m still trying to confirm reports that they’ll make offers to Todd Pratt, Paul Bako, Johnny Wockenfuss, Duffy Dyer, Jorge Fabregas, Matt Walbeck or the Estate of Moe Berg.
In other Mets catcher news, the team has renegotiated the contract they just signed with Henry Blanco after some concerns arose regarding his throwing shoulder. The upshot: more potential money for Blanco, but more tied up in incentives.
Someone educate me: half the deals we’ve heard about this week take forever to become final because teams are waiting on the physical or the medical reports or whatever. Why, then, would the Mets have completed the Blanco deal before bringing this up?
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)