Dec 10, 2009, 8:45 AM EDT
Adam Rubin of the Daily News is reporting that the Mets will make Bengie Molina a contract offer before they head to the airport today. No deal is expected to be done today, however.
I’m still trying to confirm reports that they’ll make offers to Todd Pratt, Paul Bako, Johnny Wockenfuss, Duffy Dyer, Jorge Fabregas, Matt Walbeck or the Estate of Moe Berg.
In other Mets catcher news, the team has renegotiated the contract they just signed with Henry Blanco after some concerns arose regarding his throwing shoulder. The upshot: more potential money for Blanco, but more tied up in incentives.
Someone educate me: half the deals we’ve heard about this week take forever to become final because teams are waiting on the physical or the medical reports or whatever. Why, then, would the Mets have completed the Blanco deal before bringing this up?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)