Dec 10, 2009, 8:45 AM EDT
Adam Rubin of the Daily News is reporting that the Mets will make Bengie Molina a contract offer before they head to the airport today. No deal is expected to be done today, however.
I’m still trying to confirm reports that they’ll make offers to Todd Pratt, Paul Bako, Johnny Wockenfuss, Duffy Dyer, Jorge Fabregas, Matt Walbeck or the Estate of Moe Berg.
In other Mets catcher news, the team has renegotiated the contract they just signed with Henry Blanco after some concerns arose regarding his throwing shoulder. The upshot: more potential money for Blanco, but more tied up in incentives.
Someone educate me: half the deals we’ve heard about this week take forever to become final because teams are waiting on the physical or the medical reports or whatever. Why, then, would the Mets have completed the Blanco deal before bringing this up?
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 143
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39