Dec 10, 2009, 8:45 AM EDT
Adam Rubin of the Daily News is reporting that the Mets will make Bengie Molina a contract offer before they head to the airport today. No deal is expected to be done today, however.
I’m still trying to confirm reports that they’ll make offers to Todd Pratt, Paul Bako, Johnny Wockenfuss, Duffy Dyer, Jorge Fabregas, Matt Walbeck or the Estate of Moe Berg.
In other Mets catcher news, the team has renegotiated the contract they just signed with Henry Blanco after some concerns arose regarding his throwing shoulder. The upshot: more potential money for Blanco, but more tied up in incentives.
Someone educate me: half the deals we’ve heard about this week take forever to become final because teams are waiting on the physical or the medical reports or whatever. Why, then, would the Mets have completed the Blanco deal before bringing this up?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17