Dec 10, 2009, 8:45 AM EDT
Adam Rubin of the Daily News is reporting that the Mets will make Bengie Molina a contract offer before they head to the airport today. No deal is expected to be done today, however.
I’m still trying to confirm reports that they’ll make offers to Todd Pratt, Paul Bako, Johnny Wockenfuss, Duffy Dyer, Jorge Fabregas, Matt Walbeck or the Estate of Moe Berg.
In other Mets catcher news, the team has renegotiated the contract they just signed with Henry Blanco after some concerns arose regarding his throwing shoulder. The upshot: more potential money for Blanco, but more tied up in incentives.
Someone educate me: half the deals we’ve heard about this week take forever to become final because teams are waiting on the physical or the medical reports or whatever. Why, then, would the Mets have completed the Blanco deal before bringing this up?
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (346)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)