Dec 10, 2009, 10:07 AM EDT
OK, so the Sox did one thing before they left town: they got Boof Bonser, the pitcher who was DFA’d by the Twins the other day.
As Aaron mentioned the other day, Bonser was a starter who ultimately lost his job due to not being a very good starter in 2008. Then he had rotator cuff surgery last February. He could be a useful reliever, as he has a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings out of the pen.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 101
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 1
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 25
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (100)