Dec 10, 2009, 10:25 AM EDT
Continuing where we left off earlier . . .
- The Jays pick Zech Zinicola from the Nationals;
- The Brewers pick Chuck Lofgren from the Indians;
- The Cubs take Mike Parisi from the Cardinals;
- The Rays take Armando Zerpa from the Red Sox;
- The Mariners take pitcher Kanekoa Texeira from the Yankees. How many dim Yankees fans thought it was Mark?
- The Giants take Steve Johnson from the Orioles;
- The Cardinals pick Ben Jukich from the Reds; and
- The Phillies take Kenneth Herndon from the Angels.
I take it back: if you know these people you didn’t draft them and you’re not their momma. They’re so anonymous that to know them you have be one of these people.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)