Dec 10, 2009, 10:44 AM EST
Buster Olney tweets that the Yankees and “Johnny Damon’s camp” are currently negotiating. By “Johnny Damon’s camp” he’d have to mean Boras, right? Which is funny because, given that no one declared a no-fly zone or sprinkled flower petals around the Marriott this morning, I assumed he wasn’t here. Maybe he used his commission from the A-Rod extension to build one of them Star Trek transporters or something.
Anyway, given the Granderson deal, you have to assume that Johnny Damon has assumed a greater commitment to negotiating with the Yankees. No one thinks anything will happen here today — the line for cabs to the airport is getting long as I type this — but one definitely gets the sense that New York wants their team set up by Christmas.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)