Dec 10, 2009, 10:44 AM EDT
Buster Olney tweets that the Yankees and “Johnny Damon’s camp” are currently negotiating. By “Johnny Damon’s camp” he’d have to mean Boras, right? Which is funny because, given that no one declared a no-fly zone or sprinkled flower petals around the Marriott this morning, I assumed he wasn’t here. Maybe he used his commission from the A-Rod extension to build one of them Star Trek transporters or something.
Anyway, given the Granderson deal, you have to assume that Johnny Damon has assumed a greater commitment to negotiating with the Yankees. No one thinks anything will happen here today — the line for cabs to the airport is getting long as I type this — but one definitely gets the sense that New York wants their team set up by Christmas.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)