Dec 10, 2009, 10:44 AM EST
Buster Olney tweets that the Yankees and “Johnny Damon’s camp” are currently negotiating. By “Johnny Damon’s camp” he’d have to mean Boras, right? Which is funny because, given that no one declared a no-fly zone or sprinkled flower petals around the Marriott this morning, I assumed he wasn’t here. Maybe he used his commission from the A-Rod extension to build one of them Star Trek transporters or something.
Anyway, given the Granderson deal, you have to assume that Johnny Damon has assumed a greater commitment to negotiating with the Yankees. No one thinks anything will happen here today — the line for cabs to the airport is getting long as I type this — but one definitely gets the sense that New York wants their team set up by Christmas.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 13
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)