Dec 10, 2009, 10:44 AM EDT
Buster Olney tweets that the Yankees and “Johnny Damon’s camp” are currently negotiating. By “Johnny Damon’s camp” he’d have to mean Boras, right? Which is funny because, given that no one declared a no-fly zone or sprinkled flower petals around the Marriott this morning, I assumed he wasn’t here. Maybe he used his commission from the A-Rod extension to build one of them Star Trek transporters or something.
Anyway, given the Granderson deal, you have to assume that Johnny Damon has assumed a greater commitment to negotiating with the Yankees. No one thinks anything will happen here today — the line for cabs to the airport is getting long as I type this — but one definitely gets the sense that New York wants their team set up by Christmas.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)