Dec 10, 2009, 9:05 AM EST
I’ll level with you: I don’t know most of the guys in the Rule 5 draft. But you don’t either, so we’re all in this together. I’ll pass along what people who know more than us say about whatever goes down.
First up: the Yankees — picking first because the Nats sent them the pick in the Brian Bruney deal on Monday — are going to take Jamie Hoffman. He’s an outfielder from the Dodgers’ organization.
Descriptions of Hoffman buzzing around here: “His ceiling is as a fifth outfielder.” “a stronger, slower Brett Gardner.” If that doesn’t excite you, Yankees fans, I don’t know what will.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)