Dec 11, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Tomorrow is the deadline for teams to decide whether or not to tender their non free-agent players a contract for next year. If the player is non-tendered he is granted free agency. Teams can
still negotiate with a player that is non-tendered, however, and often do.
This won’t be the case with Chien-Ming Wang, according to Brian Hoch, who tweets that Wang’s agent has indicated that Wang will look to leave New York if he’s not offered a contract, as is widely expected.
Not terribly surprising. It will likewise be unsurprising if Wang doesn’t sign anywhere else for a good long time as he is not going to be ready to pitch in the spring due to shoulder surgery.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)