Dec 11, 2009, 4:00 PM EST
Tomorrow is the deadline for teams to decide whether or not to tender their non free-agent players a contract for next year. If the player is non-tendered he is granted free agency. Teams can
still negotiate with a player that is non-tendered, however, and often do.
This won’t be the case with Chien-Ming Wang, according to Brian Hoch, who tweets that Wang’s agent has indicated that Wang will look to leave New York if he’s not offered a contract, as is widely expected.
Not terribly surprising. It will likewise be unsurprising if Wang doesn’t sign anywhere else for a good long time as he is not going to be ready to pitch in the spring due to shoulder surgery.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)