Dec 11, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Tomorrow is the deadline for teams to decide whether or not to tender their non free-agent players a contract for next year. If the player is non-tendered he is granted free agency. Teams can
still negotiate with a player that is non-tendered, however, and often do.
This won’t be the case with Chien-Ming Wang, according to Brian Hoch, who tweets that Wang’s agent has indicated that Wang will look to leave New York if he’s not offered a contract, as is widely expected.
Not terribly surprising. It will likewise be unsurprising if Wang doesn’t sign anywhere else for a good long time as he is not going to be ready to pitch in the spring due to shoulder surgery.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)